Monday, June 25, 2012

Baby Shower Baprons

I've been looking for a simple but awesome pattern for baby shower gifts, and I think I've found it! It's called the Bapron- the Baby Apron. You can find the tutorial and free pattern HERE.

This is a full coverage bib that fits over the shoulder and sweeps under the arm- I love the fit!



It was a relatively easy sewing project- the most difficult part was sewing evenly on the bias tape and making sure to catch it all as I went.

For materials, I used leftover single-fold bias tape (just ironed it over), a too-small flannel receiving blanket, and I was given some leftover gender neutral baby print (not sure what it is, but it's some sort of polyester) by my mother-in-law from some of her old projects.  Unfortunately I ironed out a little bit of the texture on the elephants/giraffes print, but I think it still looks cute.


It fit Sophie perfectly- even on her almost-2-year-old frame, the length is great. I think this should fit even a young baby first starting solids, but I don't have anyone to experiment on. ;)




It didn't take too long- maybe two hours to do both? And that was because I am ridiculously meticulous. Now that I've sewn these up, the next time should be quicker unless I plan on making my own bias tape. ;)

1 comment:

  1. The best part about the picture of Sophie -- her necklace! Every little girl should wear accessories with her bib/apron.

    ReplyDelete