Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Moving Forward

Hello again! Sorry I've been away so long, but the year so far has been filled with lots of exciting and some not so exciting events (some of which I may share, but maybe not. I haven't decided yet).

You'll be pleased to know that I've been keeping up with many of my goals, though unfortunately meal planning has fallen to the wayside. I'm picking that back up and the blog really helps me with meal planning accountability, so you'll be seeing more posts on that.

Looking back at the archives, I noticed that I've hardly posted anything about the flowers I love to make for people. I do weddings, didn't you know? ;)  I'm no expert, I've done 6 weddings total- but it's something I love to do. I love to make beautiful things with my hands and flowers are one of those projects that produce immediate rewards. They're so beautiful already, I just help put the beauty into a pretty package.

Here's a preview of the maid of honor's bouquet from the wedding of Rachel, Stephen's sister (apologies for the amateur photographs):


You're excited already, aren't you?

I'm starting to look forward to writing here; I was dreading it for a while. But things are looking up, and I usually only write when things are good. It really skews what you see of me here, but I'm trying to overcome that so what is here is more balanced.

Ultimately my purpose in keeping up this blog is to have it be my journal, and if I don't write about the bad then what does it accomplish? The bad needs to be archived along with the good. It makes the good so much sweeter.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back. It reminds me that I need to start writing again. Life moves so quickly! :) The flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julie! I'm excited to be writing again and I've missed your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you did flowers! I can't wait to see more, and I'm so glad to have you back blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do a great job on your flowers! Are you still in Southern California?? I could help you with the whole "amateur" photos thing :) Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete