Monday, June 6, 2011

Aaron & Kempo

We had the pleasure of going to my cousins wedding last month and I offered to do their flowers as our gift to them.  My cousin Aaron married Kempo, an awesome girl with an individual, unique sense of style, so I had a lot of fun!


 Kempo is Korean and Mexican so she integrated both parts of her heritage into the wedding.  First big rule with Korean weddings: no white.  Initially she was going with just a blue and red theme, but we added the yellow as an accent color which went perfectly with what she was going for.  She wanted bright, bright, bright. She wore a white dress for the ceremony and a traditional Korean dress for the reception.

 The bride's bouquet- she added tiny bees to it.  I used gerbera daisies, carnations, goldenrod, waxflower, lemon leaf, hypericum berry and billy balls.


The bridesmaid's bouquets.  I used the same flowers as the bride but in a smaller arrangement.


I wrapped the handles of the bouquets in two ribbons. This is the bride's handle.


 I used tall, skinny vases with a few gerberas, waxflower and lemon leaf for the centerpieces.  The vases were about 2 1/2 feet tall.


Here's my cousin, the groom!


Sorry this is sideways, but this is an example of the boutonnieres I made.  I used mini carnations, billy balls, hypericum berry, waxflower and leatherleaf.  I wanted something kinda funky for Kempo and I think this hit the nail on the head.



Aunt Dian, the mother of the groom!  She's wearing a red carnation corsage.


The ADORABLE wedding cake topper (again, sorry it's sideways).


Best part of the day: a piñata!


Even the bride took a swing!


  We had such a good time!


It was such a great day, and they are such a cute couple.  The ceremony was beautiful and fun (she pledged to protect him from zombies) and the reception was wonderful.  What a perfect day.  We wish you guys the best in your new life together!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Weddings are great excuses for letting me play with flowers.

    ReplyDelete