Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Welcome Back

Yes, yes, I'm back. It's been long enough, I think.

Our holidays were great. But I didn't send out over half of our Christmas cards. Better luck next year, I guess.

We have been pretty busy with the kids. Ben is now three years old and my dear daughter will be nine months in a few weeks! The speed of life is mind boggling sometimes.

We are about 2000 dollars away from being completely debt free and it feels amazing. Between student loans, medical bills and a car it's been an interesting ride. We have been working on this since we graduated two years ago and are excited to be nearly finished paying it all off.

Next goal- buy a house. That's a lot of money.

I have been reevaluating our budget today and trying to figure out where we can save more money, and we haven't been so great with the grocery budget. For a while we've been justifying spending extra on groceries so we don't go out to eat, but that clearly doesn't work since we've been eating out anyway.

I'm going to try and feed a family of four (well, three and a half) on $40 a week. April will be our experiment month to see if I can pull this off (though, I'll admit, I'm fairly skeptical I can do it). I have a few tricks up my sleeve to try and accomplish our goal:
  • Plan every meal, especially dinners.
  • Treat meat as a side.
  • Plan a few quick and easy meals so I don't burn out and give up.
I think if I make and stick to a plan I could be successful.

On a side note, we watched conference this weekend with family and it was great. I always come away feeling so pumped to improve my life. Speaking of life, here are some pictures of the babies:





My little sister takes fire dancing classes and she totally works it. It looks awesome on camera:

1 comment:

  1. If your grocery shopping budget works, I want to see a detailed post about it...you know, so I can steal it. Think of it as a service project rather than my mooching off your hard work.

    ReplyDelete