Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter

We are fortunate enough to live close to a lot of family.  Or not so fortunate, depending on how you look at it. :)  Each holiday we have to make a decision as to who to spend it with, and let me tell you, it can be pretty heart-wrenching.  At least, it is for me.

As the kids get older and we start doing more holiday celebrating on our own, I think it will slowly get easier as others start joining us, rather than us joining them.  I look forward to establishing our own traditions, but I'm not worried about it at the moment since the children are so young.  For now, I will appreciate the opportunities we are given, because I know what it's like to be away from your family when all you want to do is see them and get a few hugs.


This year we went to Grandma and Grandpa Torgeson's in Glendale. They are Stephen's mother's parents, and they are wonderful.  They live very close to Griffith Park and let me drop by whenever I'm in the neighborhood.  Plus, Grandma Torgeson makes the best food. Ever.

After big holiday meals at the Torgeson's we go for walks through the neighborhood.  It's an older neighborhood with beautiful houses, but it's really hilly!  The pictures don't really do it justice.



Ben got pretty tired and I forgot to bring the stroller (whoops) so he needed a lot of motivation.  He was such a trooper!


The main reason for the walk on Easter is to get the kids out of the house so the grown-ups can hide the eggs.  It was Stephen's job this year, and he was pretty effective.  Ben needed help for some of them, since Stephen would do things like hide a yellow egg in a lemon tree.
 


The next oldest after Ben is Jonny, who is in high school. Ben absolutely LOVES Jonny and follows him around whenever they're together.


We had such a good time.  Thank you, Torgesons!

No comments:

Post a Comment