Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Crazy

Ben and I went to the hospital today- he had a temp of 105 and was vomiting, so off we went. Fortunately Stephen was home so I didn't have to worry about bringing Sophie to the hospital, the un-happiest place on earth.

Ben had to get chest x-rays, which, let me tell you, are the biggest pain in the bum. You have to make sure your kid is absolutely still or the image comes out wacky. I'm just glad they didn't try to do a cat scan and have to sedate him or something. Turns out he's in the early stages of pneumonia.

On the bright side, we got to come home with a cute little hospital smock that has clowns and elephants on it. Ben vomited all over his clothes (and his carseat and the couch and my pants and up my sleeve) so they let us keep it. He is now sleeping on the couch wearing a diaper, socks and shoes. He looks so tired, but his temp is finally down to 98.

Sophie has a cough so we're going to try to have her looked at tomorrow when Ben has his doctor's appointment, but fortunately she hasn't had a temp at all.

Did I mention that I had a really bad migraine today, too? I didn't? Well, I lost vision, was dizzy, and I vomited. Fun.

I'm not sick- just a little worn out and feeling a little crazy. You know, twitchy crazy. Time to sit down with some cocoa and a book then crash for the night.

2 comments:

  1. What a terrible day! I get migraines like that too and they're HORRIBLE! I started to get one the other day and I told Chad that I think I'd rather go through labor than have a migraine...pretty bad stuff!

    By the way, your family pictures are beautiful! I miss the beach! I've been using the same excuses as you have regarding Christmas cards, and I don't think I'm going to make it this year either. I'm using a move across the country as my excuse this year ;) Maybe next year...

    Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's so crazy and scary!! We've been having a horrible time with our little one getting sick a ton recently as well, and she also took a tumble and has been throwing up for about 2 weeks off and on. We think she is over it now though. Life really throws curve balls at you sometimes!

    ReplyDelete