Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Allow Me a Moment to Whine

Stephen is in New York. For 10 days. And I'm home alone with a 2-year-old and a newborn.

I'm afraid.

"Stop whining!" I hear you all say. "It's only 10 days!" While that may be true, I have realized that the longest we've been apart since we've been dating was a mere 5 days in December of 2005 when I visited my grandparents for their 50th wedding anniversary. I feel this is sort of pathetic. I should be able to handle 10 days on my own, right?

Right?

RIGHT?!

Hopefully my dear son will make things easier for me, and my house won't become one of chaos and confusion.

And I won't see too many faces like this:

4 comments:

  1. That seems like a reasonable thing to whine about. Hope it goes well! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! 10 days is a loooong time, esp with a toddler and a newborn. Maybe you should venture back to your old neighborhood for park day or something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, that's not whining. I totally feel your pain! Daniel was gone for about a month a little bit ago (for school) and will be again soon. Last time he was able to come home on weekends, but this time he won't. It's tough! I highly recommend getting out of the house for walks as often as possible... even if it's at the mall or someplace indoor. Getting out of the house was the key to my sanity! And one thing my mom recommended to me after Leila was born was to always open the blinds. It really does help. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done 10 days by myself. Good Luck! And congratulations on your beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete