Monday, June 7, 2010

Busy Bees

Hey everyone! I promise I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I'm not expecting that to happen until at least Friday.

It has been project time in my house. We have been diligently preparing for L.J. (Stephen's brother) and Melissa's wedding and the arrival of Baby Girl. My to-do list is a bit daunting, including doing Melissa's flowers and making a blessing gown for Baby Girl.

Part of me would really like Stephen and I to go on a "Babymoon" by ourselves as a break between the wedding and baby's arrival, but as time goes by I am seriously doubting it will be possible. I think we may just take Ben camping next weekend as a substitute, which I'm anticipating will be just as fun.

Did I mention that the wedding is on Saturday? Well, it's on Saturday. I am trying to deep clean the apartment so that when relatives come into town, they can come over here and I won't be severely mortified. The plan is to be done on Wednesday so I can play on Thursday, then attack the flowers on Friday. I am slightly worried about the difficulty of doing her flowers, because Melissa has fancy taste and we are doing lots of orchids and her bouquet has gardenias in it. Gorgeous? Absolutely. I just want them to look their best for Saturday and I really don't want to mess up.

Here are some sneak peeks at my project progress:

The jacket for the blessing gown (minus decorative ribbon at the waist):
Ben's vest and tie that I made for the wedding:
So, lots going on. I just need to be better at documenting it. :)

***
Ben Moment of the Week

Ben's new favorite words are:
  • Poo Poo
  • Pee Pee
  • Dirty
  • Wet
He enjoys saying these words at every opportunity. Like each time he passes gas. Or is in the grocery cart at the store. Or bored in the car.

He's a smart kid, that one. Because each time he says these words, I have to check his diaper, which results in attention for Ben. Honestly though, about a third of the time he's accurate. We're making progress.

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodnes...you are talented! i'm really lacking in those domestic skills. i mean i used fabric tape to hem hamilton's pants!

    good luck with the flowers...please post pic of ben in that vest and tie...too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your sewing is amazing. You need to teach me...now that we know we're neighbors and all! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are talented! So how did the flowers and everything go?

    ReplyDelete