Friday, April 16, 2010

24

Today is a big day for me. I turn 24 years old.

This seems really old to me.

I know it's not very old, but it still feels that way.

Stephen and I met when I was 19 and he was 24. At the time, that seemed REALLY old and nearly kept me from dating him. My logic was: he's already 24 and a lot more comfortable with the idea of getting married than I am and if I date him, we'll get married. As a matter of fact, I did break up with him once for this very reason. But I couldn't stay away. And, well, I was right. Not that that was a bad thing at all. :)

So, now I'm 24, and it feels a little weird. But I realize that I'm not the same as I was when I was 19, and that's a very good thing. When I think about where I am in my life and what I'm doing, 24 seems just right, and I couldn't be happier with where life has taken me.

Besides, 24 is NOT that old.

Really.

P.S. Happy Birthday to Grandpa Torgeson, too! We love you!

1 comment: