Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baby News

I know I promised news to appear about two weeks ago, but here we are. I had to reschedule my appointment to make sure I was completely covered (my only copay for the entire prenatal care is now $10- I'm glad I waited the extra two weeks). But now, I finally have something to report after today's visit.

Great news is that there has been no fresh hemorrhaging, as evidenced by my lack of bleeding. Obviously I knew this already, as I am the one who reports this to them, but there you go. I am scheduled for blood work and another ultrasound, but as far as results today, the nurse got out her Doppler and I got to hear Baby #2's heartbeat. The baby's still too small to feel (though that'll change pretty soon) so hearing the heartbeat really meant a lot. I was going to cry, but I was just so happy and relieved. I couldn't stop smiling today.

I am excited about this doctor's office because it is a group of doctors rather than just one. My last pregnancy was also with a group, though there were 5-6 people that could have potentially delivered Ben. This time there are only 3. During Ben's birth it was so nice to know that a doctor I knew would be there and wouldn't have to leave because of sleep/food/vacation/whatever, so I'm happy I have that option again.

This visit was my first official visit, so today I got lots of free, "Here, let us show you how to take care of a baby" handouts, long lists of medications and foods, and other random, useless handouts. It came in a nice folder and a little bag. Is it odd that this still made me feel special?

The best part about the visit today was the prevailing feeling that everything was going to be okay; I'm fine and the baby is fine. After my episode, I was feeling broken- like I wasn't working right. That feeling is (mostly) gone.

Stephen and I are rereading Harry Potter together- out loud. This seemed like a great idea- but I was looking at my shelf today and realized how... long that is. Good thing we absolutely love it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm relieved and excited! Yay for babies!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear all is going well!! What a relief.

    I'm rereading Harry Potter as well, but by myself and not out loud. I'm in book 5 and am taking a little break--I get a little too into it and end up getting angry and upset at Umbridge and all the other injustices so prevalent in this one, haha. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad things are well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hoooray! so happy to hear!! :)

    ReplyDelete