Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Poor, Missing Camera

I haven't seen my camera in a while. It could be pretty much anywhere, which is why this blog has been so boring lately! It's a terrible, terrible thing.

Because we've been living all over the place, our stuff is, well, all over the place. We have our crib, dresser, mattress, and one computer at my in-laws. My wedding dress, sewing machine, old baby clothes, rocker, and Wii are at my parents'. Everything else is in storage, unless it's in our car. not to mention the little knick knacks in any of these places. THUS, the camera is somewhere in limbo between all these homes we've had!

The good news: we are planning on getting our own place, really and truly, THIS MONTH! Hooray! I'm so excited! It's like Christmas is coming early! Imagine all the stuff I'll find...

One thing I've learned through all of this is how unimportant "stuff" is. Many of the things we own are beautiful, and I love them (like platinum edged china, fluffy blue towels or the kitchen aid mixer), but life has been just as wonderful and fulfilling without these things. If we had to give up everything in that storage unit and never see it again, life would be fantastic, if not better in some ways (not that I really want that to happen). I'm just grateful I got to have my family down to the simplified, bare bones for a little while.

Ben and I went to Disneyland yesterday with Liz and had a blast! Here's a picture from the Buzz Lightyear ride:



No, Ben didn't actually hit a target; I helped him a little. :)

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. How fun that you got to go to Disneyland! And I completely agree with you--the best things in life aren't things at all. :) Thanks for your post

    ReplyDelete