Ben just had his 12 month check-up and, yes, he's 13 1/2 months old. We'd had temporary insurance since we graduated, but that expired in April and we've been waiting for our new private insurance to go through. Well, it finally did (yay!) and we got Ben an appointment with my former pediatrician, Dr. Tenenbaum. While we were in school, Ben went to whichever doctors were available at the student health center, so it was nice to have a doctor that I feel so comfortable with. Well, I'm sure you're dying to know the results!
- Ben is 25th percentile for height and weight. The doctor is not worried about this: she said his body is very proportionate.
- He has completely recovered from his surgery in December (a right orchiopexy, if you're curious). There is no resulting scar tissue, everything is where it should be, and the scar will fade with time.
- He only had to get one shot, and he handled it pretty well. Some initial screaming, but within 5 minutes he was fine.
- He has molars developing! You can see them in his gums.
- Best news of all: she was very impressed with his social ability and his comprehension (such as responding to "Ben, come here" by coming to you) and thought his development was going very well.