Saturday, January 17, 2009

One Down, One to Go

I got the job! Yay! I start this next week. I'm pretty excited to be serving again, though it's been a while. Still, yay- a job's a job.

Stephen's looking, but it's pretty hard. He went to an expo in Anahiem today, and there was a huge line just to get a 10 minute interview. Standing next to him in line was a 45 year old who had a ton of experience, and he wasn't the only one. Because of the "financial crisis" he has to compete with all the guys who are getting laid off, so you can imagine his stress at that prospect. There are still a lot of opportunities, but they're just harder to find right now because people are reluctant to hire.

Stephen's giving a talk tomorrow in church and I'm the missionary dinner coordinator. Hahaha. That feels like more like a made-up calling than some I had to think of for my singles' ward. But we have no idea how long we'll be in the ward, so it's all for the best. There are a lot of young kids in the ward, so Ben's not so noisy as he would be otherwise. There are lots of other babbling kids, too.

So, I went through my blog list and there are a couple of people who have set their blogs to "invited only." Now, I TOTALLY respect this, but I would like to be invited, if that's okay. :) I miss reading about you all. Please email me at lisha[underscore]lacey[at]hotmail[dot]com if you'd like to talk in other ways. But I miss you! :D

Have a great rest of the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alicia! I'm not sure how long ago I found your blog but I've been reading it every so often. You guys look so great and Ben is just adorable! Congratulations on your new job and also your calling - our ward has a dinner coordinator and she loves it!

    ReplyDelete