Monday, January 12, 2009

Aloha (as in "Hello," not "Goodbye")

Hi.

Well, not much is happened, but sorry for the lack of updates. We're still basically in the same circumstances we were last post. We're both looking for work. Stephen's gotten some great advice for his resume from a guy in my parent's ward and he's been progressing well with some leads. He got a pretty funny offer from a company based in INDIA where he'd have to go there to train... yeah, not happening. ;) I've been applying to local restaurants (it's good, quick money) and I have a third and final interview with a place called Houston's tomorrow. I think I'll probably get the job, but there are never any guarantees, of course. The issue is that I'm just a little over qualified to be a server. Oh well, it's what I want.

On an exciting note, our transcripts officially say that we have degrees now. Hooray! I don't think it will feel really official until we're able to walk, or at least until they send us our "pieces of paper." Silly BYU and outdoor graduation traditions. I would have done it in the snow. In fact, our friend Annalise did it in the snow last year when she walked at the end of April. See? They SO could do ceremonies in December.

Ben has decided to conquer the stairs. My parent's house is split level, which means there are lots of obstacles for him to get over. But he LOVES the stairs. He'll go up a few, turn and smile at us, then keep going (he knows he's not allowed to without us). It's pretty cute. His top teeth have also emerged, and when he smiles, he shows all his gums. Sigh, I love that kid. But that's the problem- he's transforming from a BABY to a KID. He's getting older so quickly. I'm unable to post pictures right now because we don't have our own computer, but I will update when I'm able. Hope things are great with everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hm, you'd think they'd WANT an overqualified server... better than underqualified, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I hope all is going well. I hope that you and Stephen will find work soon. I am so jealous that you guys are done with school. I have two semesters left and then student teaching. I can't believe that Ben would be old enough to climb stairs, that blows me away. It seems not too long ago, I worked with Stephen and I watched him anxiously await his arrival! Wow. Tell Stephen I said hello.

    ReplyDelete