Thursday, October 2, 2008

You know you don't dress up anymore when...

...You walk past a girl and think, "Oh my goodness, she looks plastic" when in fact, she's just wearing makeup, did her hair, and has money to burn on clothes. Plus, when she walks, her hair moves (even when there's no wind).

I was walking home today when I encountered such a girl. She was tan, super shiny bright blond, and was wearing heels. Granted, it's fine to wear heels should such an occasion arise for them. However, this was one of those girls. You know, the ones who wear heels everyday (after Freshman year they usually get over it). She was also wearing large designer sunglasses, a cute skirt and had a really nice bag.

Now, I'm not upset with this girl or anything, but sometimes seeing someone that fabulous makes you think, "Huh. I really don't try at all, do I?" So, I've decided to take a little more time to make myself a little more fabulous (well, at least to feel that way). Anyway, so the next time you see someone who makes you think, "Whoa," think instead, "I'm gonna pass a mirror and think 'Whoa'- and in a good way."

Happy Fabulosity!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching the next step in Mommyhood--the part where you start wanting to put more effort into your public appearance! You reached it a lot sooner than I did! (I'm not saying you look bad in any way, just I know where you're coming from. Guess why I got bangs...)
    It really is cause for celebration though, because many moms never get to this step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I thought I was doing okay myself when I went to Walmart and saw this girl who is friends with my sister and has two kids herself. This was her: perfect blonde hair, makeup, cute short houndstooth blazer, sexy jeans, and of course, black heels. I felt like a total scrub with my ponytail and old navy $9 shirt. There will always be these people, and I will always wish that I looked as good as they do...but one step at a time!!

    ReplyDelete