Saturday, September 27, 2008

Floral Design and Attempts to Crawl

So, I'm signed up to take a Floral Design class at BYU for some empty credits to graduate, and it's really fun! The worst part about it, though, is that I have to memorize the common and the botanical names of flowers... yeah, HARD. Some are easy, like rose=rosa, but then you have others like sunflower=helianthus and peruvian lily=alstroemeria (???). But the class has awesome bonuses, like getting flowers every week! Here's a glass cube design we did this week:

So pretty! I'm seriously loving this class! Oh, and my other classes are okay too, I guess. Haha.

In other news, Ben is making serious progress toward crawling. He's starting to get up on his knees, but I think it still scares him a little. Here are some pictures of his efforts:



He's so close! We think he'll have it in the next week, and if/when he does, we'll take a video so you can see him in action!

2 comments:

  1. WOW cute flowers!! Way to go Alicia & Ben on your accomplishments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I can't believe how big he is getting. Just enjoy the crawling stage, it will go by quickly. Then when they start walking it gets pretty crazy. Tell Stephen hello for me. I leave on my mission in 25 days! Yay.

    ReplyDelete