Sunday, March 23, 2008

Benjamin Gilbert Nielsen

He's finally here! Yay!

Alright, now for all the vital statistics: he was born at 13:39 on March 21st, 2008, weighed 7 lbs 6 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. As for our name choice, Benjamin is just a name we liked and Gilbert is Stephen's grandfather's name. We are so excited to have him home! Here are some pictures:
Waiting for labor to kick in on Thursday...

The fantastic view from our labor suite.

When they kick started labor again on Friday (after a healthy round of sleep and morphine), Ben's heart rate was going down just a little during contractions and they put me on oxygen. This picture was taken after I got the epidural (ah, sweet ignorance).


After only 40 minutes of pushing, Benjamin was born!

Our first family picture! (Literally taken about 3 minutes after he was born)

Waiting for the car to come around

Benjamin's first car ride! Isn't he just so cute!?

So, we're now officially home and starting a new version of our lives. We're so excited! We plan on blessing him next Sunday in our student ward with our family from California.

Today has been the best day...

10 comments:

  1. He is adorable!! Your family is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys he is SOOO CUTE!! He has so much hair and his little lips are darling! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH HE'S ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! I can't wait to meet him! When can I visit? Can I bring you dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Benjamin just looks perfect! Congratulations! And, Alicia, you look fantastic in all of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha... that's because I only put the pictures up that I looked good in! Trust me, there were PLENTY where I look not so fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for you guys! I will definately be there on saturday. He's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete