Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Baby Update #5: Two days late

So, the baby is two days late and I had an appointment yesterday to check my progress. I'm 80-90% effaced and 1 1/2-2 cm dilated, which is better than nothing I suppose. I have another appointment scheduled for Thursday to monitor my progress, but I have a scheduled induction for Easter Sunday.

On one hand I'd really like this baby to be born now, but on the other hand I don't want him to come any earlier than he's ready for. So, if I'm feeling ridiculously anxious on Thursday, we'll see if we can induce earlier, but if not we'll just wait and induce Sunday. We'll see how it goes!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! You two are going to have the CUTEST baby! If they don't induce you Thursday then you should schedule your induction for after Sacrament meeting so you can lead the choir :) Just kidding!! In just a few days you'll be a MOM!! Like I said, I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If he doesn't come sooner, I do have to say that March 20 is the best birthday there is. So he'd be really lucky if he was born that day. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was told the other day that I was 40% effaced and .5 cm dilated...I was kind of surprised that I was even starting at all! But after following your slow progress, I am trying to not get overanxious myself...I don't know how you're handling it! If my due date comes and goes I think I'll seriously go crazy! But good luck in the next few days!

    ReplyDelete